Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Give Peace a Chance

I've recently been listening to a series of podcasts called, The End of Religion, hosted by Bob and Doug McKenzie from the Great White North. Actually, their names are Bruxy Cavey and Tim Day, but they are from Canada and say "eh" at the end of their sentences.

They are both pastors at "The Meeting House", which is a "church for people who aren't into church".

I've watched a couple of video podcasts of Bruxy preaching. Me likey. So, I subscribed to the "End of Religion" messages to have something to listen to as I was doing yard work. Bruxy actually designed the podcasts to enhance the study of his book of the same title; but since I don't have the money for the book and my shelf is full of "next reads" I thought I'd see if the podcasts stand on their own. They do. It is a good conversation to eavesdrop on.

Chapter 10 is called "Thy Kingdom Come: Transcending Territory" but in this episode they include two other people, one being a documentary filmmaker, to discuss the radical peace teaching of Jesus. What a great, roundtable discussion! If you are in favor of "a Just War" premise then you really should give this episode a listen, eh.

Ev'rybody's talking about ministers,
Sinister, Banisters
And canisters, Bishops, Fishops,
Rabbis, and Pop eyes, Bye, bye, bye byes
All we are saying is give peace a chance,
All we are saying is give peace a chance
- The Beatles

2 comments:

justjuls said...

Thanks for the link - I'll check it out. I listened to the intro. I always love new podcasts.

Kent said...

I've been wanting to read Bruxy's book. Maybe I'll just listen also? Bruxy might close down the podcast if he senses a trend beginning though? :)