Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Father, forgive them...they don't know what they are doing...

Today I read this blog entry that I'd like to share here on In Retentis. I'll put the first couple of paragraphs here and then you can go to Jason's blog site to read the rest.

Yesterday I was making my way through town to pick up Aly from a Birthday party. I had just finished talking to a friend and was collecting my thoughts in transit.

I approached an intersection in my town only to be attacked with “streetcorner evangelists” with Bibles held high in the air, like a public sword drill. They were screaming something, but since it was freezing cold, everyone’s windows where rolled up muting their passionate shouts. I’m glad no one could hear them. The signs they were holding up said it all… “The angel of the Lord will see the blood and pass over…” Exodus whatever, whatever. There were a couple other signs as well. They were other obscure truncated quotes from the Old Testament that were meant to induce some apocalyptic paranoia in the passerbys. Fear-mongers.
Click here for the rest of the blog